Monday, September 1, 2014

Was it a mistake?

My target was BUET  and BUET only. My ancestors have graduated from this University, so I had to get in.


Unfortunately I couldn't. for about a year, I was a hopeless undergrad student desperately looking for ways to get back to 'glory'.


I tried to explore every bit of possibility to excel. I push my academic activities to the limit. I studied extra in the library to attain quality. I tried to brush up my communication skills. I tried to pick up some leadership skills. And now when the time has come to upgrade myself, I find myself struggling, out of stamina, gasping for air.

I find my friends and seniors studying MBA in hope for a better life.

What awaits my fate? Where's the mistake? More importantly, did I make any mistakes?

As the time passed by, I was fortunate to meet more people. Seniors whom I haven't meet before. To this date, they are proud engineers. Not all of them have a spot light job. Not all of them are getting promotion or raise every year. But the are surviving with honor.

I might be struggling to get myself to the next stage, but even I am confident enough, if I can graduate from EEE department, I can land a decent job with ease. It might not be high paying. It might not be even an engineer's post. Nevertheless, inshallah, I will not have any trouble finding a job.


Inshallah, a day will come in the near future, when being a EEE graduate will be enough. No, I'm not joking. Just compare the numbers. Number of EEE graduates retaining their original line of work would be less than a percent of first semester students. You cannot ignore a person who has survived this far.


You don't lose when you fall. You lose when you stopped believing your self. No. It wasn't a mistake.

No comments: