Monday, May 28, 2018

No comments!

Rule of law. Top priority for Bangladesh, in my opinion.
We have tons of problems, complains. True. Some can be tolerated. Traffic jam for instance. You can always get an Uber and keep working / reading in the back seats. 3 hours is a long time. Better use this time for something.
Overcrowded neighbourhood. Maybe can save and share. Over time, I think it’ll go away.
Low income. Expense is not that high. Yet. One can still survive.
Health insurance and quality healthcare. As my parents grow older, I find this critical. I absolutely love the Japanese healthcare system. Visit to doctors are expensive, no doubt. But 70% of the fee will be refunded by the government. In return, I have to pay a small premium each month. Mandatory health checkup every year. Well regulated dispensary. I wish my parents had the same benefits now. They need this more than I do.
Absence of a good healthcare system is sad. But, absence of rule of law in infuriating. Absence of rule of law forces you to be violent. Forces you to be the bad guy, the good guy, the law, the judge. Every person has their own interpretation of good and evil. Even if ‘everyone’ is the ‘good guy’, chaos is sure to follow. Violence is just as predictable. How do you be productive when you have no law watching your back? How do you focus on your job where you do not feel safe?

How?

No comments: