Monday, April 15, 2013

Surviving the Death of Google Reader

When google reader was there, (Google reader is scheduled for a shutdown!) I would subscribe all the blogs I found to be useful, but later on I would forget to log in to google reader and read all the new updates. Now that Google Reader is scheduled for a permanent shutdown I suddenly realised, I never came back to read the feeds.

Anyway, I had to find alternative. So I immediately contacted Sadaf Noor, who redirected me to an article on lifehacker.com. There I found 5 alternative. Out of five I registered on 3 feed readers and been trying out for last 2/3 days. Here's what I make of it so far:


Feedly:

Incredibly simple user interface. It supposed to have a suggestive reading system, but I'm yet to figure that part out.

Pulse.me:

Amazing user interface. Arranges all your feeds according to date. Love that way they adopted windows 8 display concept.

Netvibes:

Absolutely amazing. Their feed is not so good as others, but the dashboard feature is on a new level that no one has ever gone before. I typed in "Renewable Energy" and the quality & quantity of the information present on the dashboard is mind bogling.


So far I'm yet to decide which is the best one.

No comments: