Monday, April 15, 2013

Surviving Knowledge

It funny to me how people impose a price tag on knowledge now-a-days. Almost in every literary creation, you'll see the phases, "Illegal to reproduce without the permission of the author". The reason is not very clear to me.

What I feel, the warning should be like,"Feel free to use it as a reference to your document/book/article. Just make sure you cite it is my work and my creation. Unless you do that, I'll find you and I'll kill you".

In this context, I must mention that I'm a huge fan of Salman Khan, the creator of "Khan Academy". My friend Moeen thinks otherwise. He is infuriated by the fact that, "Khan Academy" make huge profit basing on voluntary work of the people. I think the opposite. I'm not sure whether or not "Khan Academy" makes a 'Huge' profit, I'm cool until and unless, the knowledge is provided for free to those who crave it; unlike sites like scribd.com, great resource but poor philosophy and more business involved.

Having said all of this, I've a plan to produce my own study material to be distributed for free. That is with collaboration of WNES.

No comments: